211 IS HERE TO HELP
As people feel the health, education and financial impacts of life sometimes, 211 is here to help. With one toll-free call, text or online request to 211, anyone in need can get free and confidential connections to:
- Health care, vaccination and health epidemic information
- Emergency counseling
- Disaster assistance
- Supplemental food and nutrition programs
- Shelter and housing options and utilities assistance
- Employment and education opportunities
- Childcare and family services
- Addiction prevention and rehabilitation programs
- Support groups for individuals with mental illnesses or special needs
- A safe, confidential path out of physical and/or emotional domestic abuse
211 resource specialists are available 24/7/365 and across the network, they speak more than 180 languages.
And, unlike programs that simply “patch people through” to agencies, the caring experts on the other end of the 211 line listen, identify underlying problems, and connect people with the resources and services that can provide support.
211 can be accessed by phone or computer. Need help? Simply dial 211 or send your zipcode to 898-211 and a community resource specialist in your area can connect you with local resources that can improve - and save - lives.
Don't hesitate, call today!